Addiction & Rehab Program
THE PROBLEM IS
We work with physicians, healthcare professionals and patients to prevent non-medical use of prescription painkillers.
- Overdose kills more people nationwide than car accidents.
- 190 Americans die every day of a drug overdose.
- 75% of young people who misuse
- Prescription painkillers get them from friends and family, not doctors.
- 3 out of 4 new heroin users report having abused painkillers prior to using heroin.
- Although the national rate of overdose from prescription painkillers has flattened out in recent years, the rate of heroin overdoses has tripled in the last five years.
HELP IS AVAILABLE
Our program delivers a number of benefits to your clients, injured workers and employers:
- Reduced length & cost of opioid drug treatment
- Reduced risk of addiction
- Reduced risk of drug abuse
- Reduced adverse effects of pain treatment
- Reduced medical costs
- Enhanced patient recovery
- Increased likelihood of a quick return to work
- Decreased disability
A multifaceted pain management program which begins with a consultation with our pharmacists who have special expertise in pain medication control.
- Screening and assessment tools
- Electronic Alerts (e.g. text, email)
- Letters (appointment calendars)
- Reports (mailed to physician)
- Opioid Rx risk calculation tools
- Independent pharmacotherapy evaluations
- Monitoring programs which include, urine drug screenings
- Clinical guidance documents
- PharmD clinical tele-consultations
- Clinical Articles & Educational Programs
- Drug Information Line
According to preliminary data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 72,000 people in the US are predicted to have died from drug overdoses in 2017 — nearly 200 a day.